Regular Council meetings are open to the public. Citizens are encouraged to attend Council to observe our municipal government in action. Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. respectively. Agendas are posted on the Friday preceding the Council meeting and minutes are posted once they have been approved by Council.
Speaking at a Council Meeting
A Delegate Request form must be completed in full in order to appear before Council. Your request, with accompanying documents, must be received no later than the Tuesday prior to the date of the Council meeting. Delegates are permitted to speak for 10 minutes. Debate is not permitted at this time.
- Individuals are asked to step forward to the podium and state their name.
- All concerns must be directed to Council.
- No person, except members and officers of Council shall be allowed to come within the bar during sittings of the Council or Committees of Council without the permission of the Presiding Officer.
- Delegations wishing to address Council must notify and provide the Clerk with a written copy of the submission by 5:00 p.m. on the Tuesday before the Council meeting in order that the delegations may be listed on the agenda and the subject of the delegation be identified.
- No person shall be permitted to address Council on a subject not on the agenda unless by permission of Council by a two-thirds majority vote.
- Delegations addressing Council shall be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes, unless at the discretion of the Mayor such limitation is not sufficient to inform Council members or the delegations. No one group or delegation may appoint more than 2 persons to speak on their behalf.
- Members of Council only may ask questions of the deputations. All questions of deputations shall be addressed through the head of Council. No member of Council shall express an opinion or enter into debate with the deputations.