Animal Services

The Township of Mapleton is a safe and caring environment for animals and people alike. Whether you are purchasing a dog license, reporting a wildlife concern or raising livestock and poultry, the Township is here to support you.

Animal Control

To report a dog running at large please contact R&R Animal Control at 519-509-9985

To report a dangerous dog or dog bite please call the OPP 519-323-3130.

To report animal abuse or humane issues contact PAWS at 1-833-926-4625 



The Township of Mapleton's animal services are regulated under the Dog By-law. For more information, please contact the Township of Mapleton office at 519-638-3313

Dog Licensing

The Township of Mapleton has partnered with DocuPet to provide an enhanced pet licensing experience for residents. Previously, all dog license's expired annually on March 31st. Thanks to our new licensing partnership with DocuPet, all licences will now be valid for a full 365 days after purchase.

When you register your pet with Mapleton, you will receive a unique licence tag to attach to their collar.Our new licensing process with DocuPet allows residents to select a standard licence tag at no additional charge or upgrade to one of DocuPet’s colourful designer tag styles for an additional fee.

Each DocuPet tag, standard or designer, doubles as a pet’s official Mapleton licence and comes equipped with the HomeSafe™24/7 lost pet service,which relies on a dedicated full time dispatch staff and linked pet profiles to help get lost pets home quickly.

Dog licences may be purchased online at, or at the Township office

Kennel Licensing

The Township of Mapleton regulates and licenses dog kennels within the township. For more information on Kennel Licence Applications, please contact the Township offices at 519-638-3313 or to submit an application email 

Lost and Found

For animals that have been lost or found, please contact R&R Animal Control at 519-509-9985. Please report lost and found pets on Docupet.

Livestock Claims

In 2011, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs announced the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program. Through this program, livestock producers are able to receive compensation when their livestock or poultry are injured or killed by predatory wildlife. For more information, please visit the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs website.

Nutrient Management Plans

For further information concerning Nutrient Management Plans, please visit the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs website or contact the Township offices for additional information.


For Information about rabies in wildlife, how it's controlled and what to do if you think an animal has rabies, please call the Ministry of Natural Resources' rabies hotline at 1-888-574-6656.