Live and Work Wellington
Live and Work Wellington™ is a talent attraction initiative designed to promote Wellington County as a desirable place to live and work. The goal of this programme is to support the labour market needs of the business community, making connections between employers and job-seekers, and attracting new groups to offset declining population trends.
Live and Work Wellington™ activities work toward supporting Wellington County businesses by growing a diversified workforce through the following projects:
- Developing and promoting the Wellington County on-line Job Board which highlights local employment opportunities.
- Developing partnerships with Conestoga College and the University of Guelph to raise awareness of employment opportunities in Wellington County to students, and the supports available for employers at these institutions.
- Promoting Wellington County at Newcomer Career and Settlement Fairs in Toronto.
- Working with employers and member municipalities to support the growth of existing immigrant communities in rural areas.
- Facilitating immigration and employment workshops for international students designed to improve the economic integration of this group in Wellington County.
- Working with Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington to promote and connect immigrants to employment opportunities in Wellington County.
- Providing guidance and advice to employers about immigration policies.
- Providing intercultural training and employment advice to groups supporting Syrian refugees in Wellington County.
- Promoting Wellington County to regional, national and international audiences.
- Leading a labour market project which has been designed to help employers improve their attraction and retention of Millennials.
- Leading a labour market project which has been designed to help employers improve their attraction and retention of immigrants and international students.
Job seekers looking for opportunities in Wellington County please visit the Wellington County Job Board.