How to Book an Inspection
Applicants can request an inspection using Cloudpermit.
Please have the following information ready:
- Project Address
- Permit Number
- Type of Inspection Requested
- Contact Information (name and phone number)
Inspections require 24-hour notice to guarantee the inspection. Staff and inspectors do their best to accommodate all time sensitive requests. Please leave pertinent information in the notes section of your request.
No inspections will be conducted on statutory holidays. You will need to request the next available day. Thank you for your continued cooperation with our inspection schedule.
How to request an inspection through Cloudpermit
- Login to Cloudpermit and open the workspace for the permit that you are requesting an inspection for. It will take you to the WORK tab.
- Under Inspections at the bottom of the page, click ‘Show Upcoming Inspections’
- Click ‘Request Inspection’ on the next inspection that is listed. A pop-up window will come up titled New Inspection Request. Inspection requests must be made by 3pm the previous business day.
- Complete ‘Requested date’ and ‘Requested time slot’ and add additional information if required. This is a good spot to tell the inspection where the permit package will be if there will not be someone on site, or if there is a locked gate etc. Click ‘Create Inspection Request’.
- You will see the unconfirmed request listed. When staff have reviewed the request, you will receive an email confirmation for the inspection.
Please note – If you need to change the date or time, or cancel your request, select ‘Modify Request’
Inspections Required for Issued Building Permits
In the Township of Mapleton, building inspections are needed during construction projects and are noted on your building permit. Normal inspections include:
- Underside of footings - after forms are installed, prior to placement of concrete
- Rebar - Prior to pour foundation wall or slab
- Services - installation of sanitary, storm and water services
- Septic - after excavation of distribution piping bed and prior to system backfill
- Foundation - prior to backfill
- Under floor drains - prior to covering
- Framing - prior to insulation
- Air Barrier - prior to starting exterior cladding
- Plumbing - rough in
- Insulation/Vapour barrier - prior to covering
- Occupancy - this must be obtained prior to occupancy
- Final plumbing inspection
- Final building inspection
For more information, please contact our Building Department at 519-638-3313 ext. 029. Please note the Township does not review or inspect electrical work. Please contact the Electrical Safety Authority at 1-877-421-2228 for electrical permits.