Building Permit Process
In the Township of Mapleton you are required to get a building permit application before any new construction or renovation project on your property is conducted.
Please note that the Township of Mapleton Building Permit Application process is paperless. Applications should be submitted using Cloudpermit.
Submit a Building Permit Via Cloudpermit
- Login to Cloudpermit.
- Click the "Apply for a Permit" button in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard.
- Select “Create a New Project”, and give it a name. If you will be applying for multiple permits, then naming your project a combination of your address and the project type might be a good way to keep track. Select NEXT
- Provide the Location where the work will be taking place. Select “Mapleton” in the top right hand corner. You can then type in your address or roll number, OR you can find your property on the map. Once you have the correct location (it appears under the map), select NEXT
- Select the Application Type and Category appropriate for your project.
- Accessory Structures for sheds, detached garages, gazebos etc.
- Residential for a single family dwelling
- Miscellaneous for tents, solar panels, retaining walls etc. Then select NEXT
- At this point, you'll see a Summary. Check if the information is accurate. If you need to make changes, use the "Back" button. If everything is correct, select FINISH & CREATE
For further assistance, please see the applicant user guide.
Prior to Submitting
Prior to submitting an application, please check the applicable conservation authority regulated area mapping and if you are within a Source Water Protection Area to determine if you require their approval(s):
- Grand River Conservation Authority Regulation Mapping
- To apply for a GRCA permit, please visit: https://www.grandriver.ca/en/Planning-Development/Apply-for-a-permit.aspx
- Questions? Contact GRCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-621-2761
- Wellington County Source Water Protection Mapping
- If you are within a Protection Area, please complete the Source Water Protection Application Form and submit it with your building permit application
- Questions? Contact Source Water Staff by emailing email@example.com
Agency approval is required prior to the issuance of a building permit.
To see your current zoning see
To find out what drawings and documents are required for your application, please visit Guides and Documents.