[ Reset ]

Quick Contact Information

  • Toll Free: 1-800-385-7248
  • Telephone: 519-638-3313
  • Fax: 519-638-5113

Clerks Department


CAO Clerk

Brad McRoberts

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

519-638-3313 ext. 24


Deputy Clerk

Barb Schellenberger

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

519-638-3313 ext. 23


Civic Addressing

Closed Meeting Investigation

Council Meetings and Agendas

Dog Control and Shelter Services

Livestock Claims

Lottery Licensing

Marriage Licenses

Special Events, Parade and Road Closing

2016 Draft Service Review Presentation


The Township of Mapleton operates two active cemeteries – Drayton Cemetery and Hollen Cemetery. We would be pleased to meet with you or your family to discuss your needs and burial options.

Drayton Cemetery is located at 187 Wellington Street North, Drayton ON N0G 1P0

Hollen Cemetery is located at 8051 Hollen Road, Moorefield ON N0G 2K0

Cemetery By-Law

Mapleton Cemeteries Listing

Mapleton Cemeteries Map


Civic Addressing

Every property in the Township of Mapleton must have a civic address number assigned to it. This is the number posted on your residence in the urban area, or the four digit green sign located at the end of your driveway if you reside in the rural area. It is very important that you include both the civic address number and the road name when you require emergency services. If your civic address number shown on your tax bill does not match the one on your house or at the end of your driveway, or if you do not have a civic address assigned to you, please contact the Clerk's Department immediately. Replacement rural civic address signs can be obtained from the Township for a fee.

         To Request a New or Replacement Civic Address Sign


Closed Meeting Investigation

For the Meeting Investigation Policy

For the Meeting Investigation Complaint Form


Council Meetings and Agendas

        Minutes & Agendas

        Meeting Dates


 Dog Control & Shelter Services

K9 Services


If you find a dog with a Mapleton Dog Tag contact the Township Office @ 519.638.3313 x 31 or
K9 Services @ 519.589.8051 and the dog owner can be located and contacted.

2017 Dog Tags can be purchased at the Township Office during regular business hours
or dog information and payment can be sent by mail.

Dog License, Ownership & Kennels - By-Law 2002-14

Every dog in the Township of Mapleton must be licensed.  Not only does this demonstrate responsible pet ownership it helps to identify and get your pet home safely if they are lost.  There is a limit of Three (3) dogs on one property in the Township.  Dog Tag prices increase after March 1, 2017.

If you can't make it in to our Township Office please fill out and send in the 2017 Dog Tag Form.  If you have multiple dogs we will require multiple forms for each dog.

  Before March 1, 2017 After March 1, 2017
First Dog $ 20.00 $ 25.00
Second Dog $ 30.00 $ 40.00
Third Dog $ 45.00 $ 55.00

If your dog is picked up by the Township's Canine Control Officer (K9 Services) and if it does not have a dog tag, you may incur additional fees and charges.

For further information regarding kennel licenses, please contact the Municipal Office.


Livestock Claims

Contact the Township Office (Clerk's Dept.) in the event that your livestock has been destroyed by a predator, you may be eligible for compensation.

Owners are responsible for:

  • Demonstrating reasonable care of livestock, beehives, bee colonies and beehive-related equipment in relation to the prevention of predation.
  • Notifying their municipality within 48 hours of discovering the injury or death of livestock or poultry, or discovering damage to beehives, a bee colony and/or bee-hive related equipment.
  • Preserving the injury or kill site and carcass (or carcasses) until the municipal or territorial investigator has investigated and agrees it/they can be destroyed or disposed of, unless is contravenes the Ontario Regulation 106/09 of the Nutrient Management Act, 2002.
  • Reviewing applications for accuracy and signing the application form prior to its submission.
  • Disposing of all dead livestock and poultry in a manner that is acceptable under the Ontario Regulation 106/09 of the Nutrient Management Act, 2002.
  • Submitting a completed reasonable care plan (see section called Reasonable Care) if an owner has submitted five applications to the program within one calendar year (January 1 to December 31) and intends to submit a subsequent application.

For more information see the OMAFRA website.


Lottery Licensing

Lottery licenses are required for all raffles, Nevada tickets. Eligible groups may obtain licenses at the municipal office.

For more information about Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) visit their website www.agco.on.ca


Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Applications can be picked up at the Township office however this office does not issue the licenses.

Completed applications can be taken to Town of Minto, Township of Centre Wellington or the Township of Woolwich. Contact their offices for fees and additional information.

Before you get married...

Marriage License Application


Special Events, Parade and Road Closing

The Township of Mapleton supports community events such as parades, walkathons and charitable fundraising events (toll booths) by non-profit organizations that are conducted on municipal roadways. The Special Events permit (Roads) Policy is designed to set out a variety of measures to minimize the risk to the propecia municipality while at the same time increasing a safe, enjoyable event for participants, surrounding properties or residents and motorists. *Adopted December 04, 2006/Amended July 24, 2007

Special Events Permit Application & Policy